- Made with high slump certified concrete, it is a one piece moulded concrete tank that can be partially or fully buried up to 200mm underground.
- Concrete tanks are designed to keep your water cold (up to 9 deg cooler than other storage methods)
- Concrete tanks keep the water in the dark. This helps prevent algae growth present in some other tanks.
- Concrete water tanks are a reliable and convenient water storage in the event of fire.
- Concrete water tanks do not require additional restraints in high wind zones.
- A Dart water tank does not require a building consent.
- A trafficable tank option is available suitable for light vehicle traffic.
A range of tanks are available to suit your situation:
Standard water tanks may be completely buried with a maximum of 100mm fill cover consisting of light free draining material such as bark, scoria or mulch. Standard lids are designed for pedestrian traffic only.
Heavy duty tanks are available on request. A heavy duty tank may be completely buried up to 200mm underground. These lids are sealed on delivery. Heavy duty lids are designed to withstand either pedestrian traffic or we can cater for tanks that are required for wheel loads.
After installation of the water tank we advise that you make sure it is filled with water before backfilling.
SITING INSTRUCTIONS FOR WATER TANKS
Please make sure:
- There are no overhead wires, branches, gate posts, etc blocking the access of the loaded tank and truck. The driver will take as much care as possible not to damage property but will not be held accountable for damage due to restricted access.
- The ground is firm enough for the truck. Make sure there are no holes, drains etc to fall into. If you have a wet site please have a digger or appropriate machinery on site.
- Siting requires a level site and a good foundation so that all the weight is distributed evenly on solid ground. The truck will not be stable on fill. Please ensure the digging material has been placed so that the truck can access the site.
- Crane legs must be able to be extended on flat level ground that is solid virgin country – not fill, preferably in accordance with NZS 3604.
- Your tank site needs to be flat and level. It is advisable to set the tank onto a base of fines of 7mm granular material and this should be on a base of compacted material. If there is any doubt that the fines may be washed out over time, it is advisable to box them in. The area should be free of rocks, tree roots and other protrusions that may cause pressure points.
Site preparation is the purchasers' responsibility however we happy to carry out a site visit prior to delivery to assist in your preparation. Any site work by our company will be at your cost.
Dart septic tanks are manufactured in a range of sizes from 4500L to 6000L in the standard range, and are also available in 10,000L and 22,500L for commercial applications.
Our septic tanks weigh upwards of approximately 3 tonne and are able to be maneuvered on site by digger or alternatively dropped straight in the hole by our crane trucks.
Septic tanks are manufactured to NZS3107:1997 and are designed to be buried with a maximum of 600mm fill cover. Standard tanks are designed to withstand pedestrian traffic only, however we can also manufacture tanks where wheel loads are required.
Single Chamber Septics:
Detention tanks are designed to slow down the flow of stormwater. The storm water enters the tank through an inlet and then trickles out through a small opening in the bottom of the tank, often referred to as an orifice.
Dart Concrete has the ability to manufacture your retention tank to the exact size as required by your engineer.
FLOOD WASH TANKS
Flood washing systems use surges of water to clean the yard. Washing times can be reduced to less than one minute. Use either fresh water, water from the plate cooler or storm-water or pump your effluent pond back up to your floodwash tank.
Flush tanks by Dart Concrete are produced in accordance with NZS.3106:1997 They are manufactured in 40MPa concrete for high durability and each unit is water tested prior to delivery.
BIOCYCLE WASTEWATER TREATMENT
The BioCycle System is distributed and installed throughout the north island via a network of registered installers.
For more information on the BioCycle System go to www.biocyclesystems.co.nz
OIL & GRIT INTERCEPTORS
Interceptor Traps are designed as an addition to Cafes, Restaurants or Commercial Kitchens for the protection of wastewater treatment systems.
PRECAST PUMP CHAMBERS
The Dart Concrete manhole system consists of precast concrete and cast iron components and offer proven performance. The system includes a range of manhole diameters and riser heights, as well as various concrete lid options, cast iron frames and covers, steps, joint sealants, clamps, and base options.
Precast manholes are also available as pump stations and come set up complete with macerator pump, high level float and alarm switch.
Standard sizes available are:
- 300mm x 300mm x 600mm
- 300mm x 450mm x 750mm
- 450mm x 675mm x 1000mm
POROUS WELL LINERS
Used typically within the Hamilton City region, two well liners serve approximately 40m2 of roof area for dispersal stormwater into the ground.
SILAGE BUNKER WALLS
These tip out walls offer a fast-track construction solution. The versatility of precast concrete wall panels lends them to a wide range of applications; livestock housing, grain stores, storage bays, silage panels and flood defence walls.
Concrete is used more than any other man made material for good reason; it is sustainable, durable offers superior fire resistance, gains strength over time and is affordable.